The Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBSS) is a national survey monitoring health behavior among youth and young adults. It is administered by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). For this assignment, use the “Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance System Dataset” provided to practice calculating and interpreting the t-test. Refer to the instructional videos in the topic resources and the Using and Interpreting Statistics: A Practical Text for the Behavioral, Social, and Health Sciences textbook as a guide.
Refer to the topic resources to review the documentation, questionnaires, and general information pertaining to the YRBSS and YRBS. Then use the 2015 “Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance System Dataset” and conduct a two-sample t-test to determine if weight (in kg) differs by sex. Submit the SPSS output for the t-test.
Create an 8-10 slide PowerPoint presentation to discuss the findings for the t-test. For the presentation of your PowerPoint, use Loom to create a voice-over or a video. Refer to the topic resources for additional guidance on recording your presentation with Loom. Include an additional slide for the Loom link at the beginning and an additional slide for references at the end.
Include the following:
- Identify which of three t-tests was selected and explain why this is the best statistical test and whether the assumptions were met.
- What are the null and alternative hypotheses?
- What is the decision rule?
- What is the test statistic and p-value?
- Interpretation of the t-test results (What was done? What was found? What does it mean? What suggestions are there for the creation of a health promotion intervention?).
Submit the SPSS exported output and the PowerPoint to the dropbox.
APA style is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Please have done by Tuesday 6-15-2021. Please follow the Rubric and the other attachment. Please provide references, a minimal of 3