1. List 5 potential nursing diagnoses for a child involved in a Motor Vehicle Accident ( I.e hit by a car)?
2. What are the differences between pediatric vs. adult trauma? Consider aspects such as physiology, communication, legal issues, age, and types of injuries.
3. Identify at least 3 interdisciplinary team members that may be involved in a pediatric trauma beginning with the onset of injury to home care.
4. What assessments/diagnostic imaging should be considered/performed?
5. What is acute compartment syndrome?
6. Describe the 5 “P’s” of compartment syndrome and how they relate to the pediatric patient.
7. Why is early detection of compartment syndrome important?
8. What else could cause symptoms similar to compartment syndrome?
9. How is acute compartment syndrome treated and what does this mean for the patient?
10. Why can identifying compartment syndrome in children be particularly difficult?