- Cure / care: compare and contrast.
- Basic care: Nutrition, hydration, shelter, human interaction.
- Are we morally obliged to do this? Why? Example
- Swallow test, describe; when is it indicated?
- When is medically assisted N/H indicated?
- Briefly describe Enteral Nutrition (EN), including:
- Briefly describe Parenteral Nutrition (PN), including:
- a. Total parenteral nutrition
- b. Partial parenteral nutrition
- Bioethical analysis of N/H; state the basic principle and briefly describe the two exceptions.
- Case Study: Terry Schiavo (EXCEL FILE on Module 7: Lecture Materials & Resources page). Provide a bioethical analysis of her case; should we continue with the PEG or not? Why yes or why not?
- Read and summarize ERD paragraphs #: 32, 33, 34, 56, 57, 58.
2.5 pages, plagiarism-free, no website reference, recent academic sources 2016-2021!!
the book https://www.usccb.org/about/doctrine/ethical-and-religious-directives/upload/ethical-religious-directives-catholic-health-service-sixth-edition-2016-06.pdf