Introduction and Alignment
Understanding legal and ethical issues in mental health as well as the stigma related to this field is extremely important. You must be able to assess your own bias and develop a style of practice. Another important aspect of patient care is developing resources that can be used by you and the client to provide education and community-based resources.
Upon completion of this assignment, you should be able to:
- Apply legal and ethical principles to the practice PMHNP practice
- Apply reflection to your practice
- Navigate to the discussion topic and respond to the following:
- View both of the above videos and script a 2-3 paragraph overview of key concepts that you took away from the videos. Reflect on your own biases and how they were addressed.
- Find 3 reputable online sites for the following populations: child/adolescent, adult, and older adult to use as patient education resources on mental illness for each population.
- Post a summary that includes the website URL, name, and a brief paragraph on how and why you would use this resource. This means you will write on a minimum of 9 on-line resources (3 for each population discussed).
- Your initial post is due by the end of the workshop.
- Read and respond to at least three of your classmates’ postings, as well as all follow-up instructor questions directed to you, by day 1 of workshop 2.
- Your postings should also:
- Be well developed by providing clear answers with evidence of critical thinking.
- Add greater depth to the discussion by introducing new ideas.
- Provide clarification to classmates’ questions and provide insight into the discussion.
Reflections on both videos fully developed and includes personal reflection (at least 3 paragraphs in length)20Minimum of 9 on-line resources discussed (1 paragraph supporting each resource)25