PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW
- Assess client families presenting for psychotherapy
- Develop genograms for client families presenting for psychotherapy
- Select a client family that you have observed or counseled at your practicum site.
- Review pages 137–142 of Wheeler (2014) and the Hernandez Family Genogram video in this week’s Learning Resources.
- Reflect on elements of writing a comprehensive client assessment and creating a genogram for the client you selected.
Part 1: Comprehensive Client Family Assessment
Create a comprehensive client assessment for your selected client family that addresses (without violating HIPAA regulations) the following:
- Demographic information
- Presenting problem
- History or present illness
- Past psychiatric history
- Medical history
- Substance use history
- Developmental history
- Family psychiatric history
- Psychosocial history
- History of abuse and/or trauma
- Review of systems
- Physical assessment
- Mental status exam
- Differential diagnosis
- Case formulation
- Treatment plan
Part 2: Family Genogram
Develop a genogram for the client family you selected. The genogram should extend back at least three generations (parents, grandparents, and great grandparents).